What you'll learn
.Net Framework is a software development platform developed by Microsoft for building and running Windows applications. The .Net framework consists of developer tools, programming languages, and libraries to build desktop and web applications. It is also used to build websites, web services, and games.
The Microsoft .Net framework can be used to create both - Form-based and Web-based applications. Web services can also be developed using the .Net framework.
The framework also supports various programming languages such as Visual Basic and C#. So developers can choose and select the language to develop the required application. In this chapter, you will learn some basics of the .Net framework.
- Develop console and Windows applications
- Learn about data access mechanisms provided by ADO.NET
- Create and consume .dll libraries
- Create a web application using .NET
- Use ASP.NET and IIS for making user views and applications more secure
- Develop WebService and Consume WebService
- Basics of Microsoft Framework Architecture
- .NET Overview
- Windows Application
- Introduction to OOPs and C# .NET
- Fundamentals of ADO.NET
- .dll libraries
- IIS and ASP.NET